- All rentals for all locations are first-come, first-served and no reservations are available over the phone or on-line. Parking can be an issue so please try and arrive early.
- Open-deck kayak rentals include life vests, paddles, backrests, and basic instruction. Paddleboard rentals include paddle, leash, life vest and basic instruction. Dry bags are also available at an extra charge.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted at anytime while renting from or interacting with Kayak Tahoe.
- Cash and Credit Cards only accepted at all locations. Due to high use, reception can be poor. Cash will expedite the rental process. Please bring an ID with you when you come to rent come to rent.
- MINIMUM age for participants is 4 years old and the participant must weigh over 30 lbs.
- Minors ages 13 to 17 MUST be watched at all times by a parent/guardian 18 years of age or older. The parent/guardian MUST always stay within earshot of the minor(s).
- Minors 12 and under MUST be accompanied on the water by a parent/guardian 18 years of age or older. This can be on single kayaks, paddleboards or double kayaks. The minor and parent/guardian can be on a Paddleboard together if the minor is under 90 lbs. Two participants on the same Paddleboard will NOT be allowed to paddle to Fannette Island (Emerald Bay).
- Participant MUST be over the age of 15 to take their own vessel (kayak or Paddleboard) to Fannette Island (Emerald Bay).
Attention Group Leaders
- Print out a copy of our Liability Form and Rental Contract. Print one copy of the Rental Contract (this is usually filled out by the credit card holder), and then as many Liability Releases as you need for your group (One per person unless you are family). Staple them together for us and you will be on the water faster! Please note this is not a ticket to the front of the waiting line, you will still need to wait in before we can complete the rental process. Have Fun!
Additional Things to Remember
- You will get wet so please wear suitable clothing.
- Preferably have footwear that can get wet.
- Please come prepared to rent before you sign up at our table. i.e. Make sure everyone in the group has gone to the bathroom, applied sunscreen, have their food and water and are ready to receive instruction.
- Children older than 4 years old and under 50lbs can be a third person on a double kayak.
- Remember to have FUN!
Cold Water Consideration
- Families with small children and anyone affected by cold water should be cautious and realistic about their swimming ability and experience level. We have provided some links below for two of the most common cold water emergencies. Thank you and we hope to see you on the water soon.